Naples Real Estate Search
Naples FL Real Estate Market
It is no secret, the real estate market in Naples FL is on the rise. With the inventory seriously decreasing and the median sales price going up, buyers of Real Estate in Naples FL need every tool available to stay ahead of the pack. The most important thing, get a buyer's agent. Not just a buyer's agent, but a GOOD, full time Realtor that has experience and knows every area in Naples FL. A good buyer's agent will provide you with expert advice in finding the right community, the right home, financing (if applicable), services (attorneys, inspectors, homewatch, cleaning, landscape, pool, contractors, etc.) and always watch out for your best interest. Assuming you already know the type of property you're looking for (beach, golf, gated, condo vs single family, etc.), have a price range in mind and you have a capable, experienced agent in your corner, you need a fast, accurate and user friendly tool. A system designed with the Naples Real Estate buyer in mind, created to keep you informed and send daily updated listings that fit your criteria, along with Naples Real Estate market updates. NaplesFinder is exactly that. With unmatched photography, accurate information, locations, floor plans, etc. and a user friendly, FAST system, NaplesFinder is simply the best tool available to Naples Real Estate buyers.
10 Steps to owning a home in Naples FL
1. Get educated about the area you're interested in, learn about differences between locations, types of communities, fees, schools, proximity to Naples beach and shopping. Sign up on www.NaplesFinder.com, create custom search and ask Realtor for information along the way.
2. Work with your own Realtor, never rely on listing agents to watch your back.
3. If buying through financing, get pre-approved, not pre-qualified. One is important, shows seriousness, capability and weighs tremendously when placing an offer. The other does not. It's very important to determine the amount you can afford to spend on your house.
4. Start getting ready for the trip to Naples. By now you should know the difference between owning a condo vs single family home, golf course memberships, fees, pet policies, rental rules, proximity to points of interests, the "have to" list and "want if possible" list. Work smarter, not harder. Start making the list of properties you want to see, then consult and discuss it with your Naples Realtor.
5. Meet at the office with your Realtor and look at homes. We highly recommend taking notes about the listing at the time of viewing, ideally in two sections, "like" and "don't like". Sometimes it helps to use something characteristic or unusual to remember the house. For example, if there's a big sculpture of a parrot, make that "the parrot house". Depending on how many homes are on the list you can break the showings into several days, since most people start getting confused after viewing 4 or 5 homes.
6. Once you find the house that fits your criteria, make an offer and place an initial escrow deposit. A house is just a dwelling, a home is where you relax, entertain your family and friends, raise your children or spend your golden years. Your Naples home should fit more things on your list than number of bedrooms, upgraded kitchen or two car garage. Type of community, proximity to the beach and local shopping areas, school districts, exposure and view are all factors that determine and impact the value of your home tremendously.
7. Once you have your dream home under contract, it's time to place the additional escrow deposit and run inspections. All of them: general inspection, termite, mold and radon. Your Realtor will recommend and provide you with a list of reputable, proven contractors for all inspections. Your Realtor will also advise you along the way and keep you up-to-date with deadlines, necessary steps and proper paperwork.
8. Acquire insurance: title, flood and homeowners. Make sure you have the latest FEMA flood zone maps, as they change periodically. Also, this is the time where you get in touch with the title company and your lender, making sure the financing is on track and paperwork will be sent out on the right day and location.
9. Closing date. This is the date you can take ownership of the new home, receive all keys and move in. Closing can take place in person, with your attorney and your Realtor, or by mail away, via overnight FedEx. Before closing you will receive a HUD-1 form that itemizes clearly the costs, prorations and credits for the buyer and the seller. Make sure you double check everything is correct before you approve it. Your attorney will be glad to explain any unclear items or fix discrepancies.
10. Congratulations, you are the proud owner of a home in Naples Florida! Before you start decorating, ordering furniture and add landscaping, call FPL (Florida Power & Light) to switch the account to your name. Also consider calling other services like cable, phone and setting up for neighborhood Association Fees (if aplicable).
Using NaplesFinder is safe, private and non-pressuring
Your phone number, email and name are safe with NaplesFinder. As with every new technology, there are many businesses looking for opportunities. I see many websites that use people's information and sell it as a product to different agents. As Realtors, we get bombarded with spam emails and calls from popular firms like realtor dot com, trying to sell the "leads" information, for either a fixed fee or a hefty percentage of the commission. What happens quite often, the agent that bought the "leads" will drop out of the system and the leads get "recycled" or sold several times over, resulting in multiple calls from 4 or 5 Realtors, months after you looked at one listing out of curiousity. At NaplesFinder, we're focusing on quality service, trust, expertise and prefessionalism.
After signing up on NaplesFinder, you will receive a courtesy call or email from Andrei Apostu or one of his knowledgeable associates. The whole purpose of the call is to make sure your search is accurate, learn more about the type of property you're looking for and price range, offer advice if needed and LISTEN. You dictate the pace, depending on your time frame and your future plans. Sometimes you have people coming in town the following week, sometimes the next year, and sometimes people are just curious. We welcome everyone.
Why Have a Naples Buyer’s Agent vs Listing Agent
Some homebuyers find a home that they are interested in online, then work directly with the selling agent to negotiate a deal and purchase the property. However, this course of action is a mistake because it puts the buyer at a disadvantage. People who sell real estate in Naples (also known as "listing agents") are trained to get the most possible money for their clients, the sellers. They're not interested in helping buyers find the right homes for their needs. Instead, listing agents want to get rid of the specific property that they were hired to sell. They represent the interests of the person who is selling the house and have no obligation to treat buyers fairly. This is where a Naples buyer's agent steps in. Unlike a seller's agent, a buyer's agent is not paid up front... buyer's agents earn their salary by taking a commission from the listing agent. A buyer's agent is responsible to the buyer. They have no stake in getting you to buy a specific property but rather work with you to help you find the perfect property.
The Benefits of a Buyer’s Agent
With a buyer's agent on your side, you can receive expert advice on Naples, FL, communities and the best real estate options for your needs. With an insider's perspective, buyer's agents can point you to brand-new Naples real estate listings that you might not find on your own or might find too late. In the current real estate market, Naples homes often sell in a matter of hours. Working with a buyer's agent can help ensure that you hear about the best new listings right away, giving you the edge to make your move first. A Naples buyer's agent is also extremely helpful during the actual purchasing process. A seller's agent is going to trying get the most money possible out of you. To do so they might neglect to mention certain facts about a house, take shortcuts that will cost you money, or try to pressure you into making a decision right away. With a buyer’s agent on your side, you can go into negotiations knowing that you have a Naples real estate expert standing behind you. This will help ensure that you don't get scammed or make a decision without all the information that you need. The right Naples real estate agent can also help you handle all the necessary paperwork and advise you as to whether the property you're interested in is a good investment. At NaplesFinder, our buyer's agents have helped countless clients avoid bad deals by making them aware of the point of no return and flatly advising them not to buy certain properties. Whether the issue is a failed housing inspection, undisclosed problems, or a too-high price tag, our agents will protect your best interests first and foremost, even if it means several more weeks of searching and a delayed commission. At Naples Finder, your satisfaction comes first. Call 239-455-5554 today to speak to a Naples buyer's agent who can help you get into the house of your dreams faster and easier.
Free Daily Email Updates
- Automated home searches
- Favorite properties
- Email updates
- And much more…